Web3 Jobs: Lead Software Engineer
Job Type: Remote
Status: Full Time
Organization: Cerebellum Network
Salary: $85,000 – $130,000 yearly
Are you someone who considers yourself to be an exceptional problem solver, not just limited to coding?
Have you spent years refining your skills in innovation, yet find yourself craving for more intricate and challenging problems to solve?
Do you feel thrilled at the prospect of being a significant contributor to the release of a software platform that can potentially impact millions or even billions of people?
If your answers to all three questions are a definite yes, then we would love to have the opportunity to connect with you!
What We Expect:
At our cutting-edge web3 infrastructure scale-up project, we are seeking exceptionally talented developers who are not only looking for a job but are also eager to be challenged to achieve great things in a thrilling venture.
Our team comprises veterans of numerous successful startups who are committed to putting you on the fast track toward your future success.
This position requires a thorough understanding of large-scale distributed computing and web3 technologies. However, we are open to considering individuals with less experience in web3 but possess a track record of building large, robust data solutions and are keen on growing into web3.
You will immediately be challenged to take charge of critical development track(s) within one of our innovation squads: 1. Decentralized Data Cloud Squad, 2. Blockchain Squad, 3. Tools, Services & Integrations Squad.
Once you are assigned to a squad, you will be responsible for driving the design, prototyping, testing/implementation (including integral tests), simulating, and CI/CD of essential components of our platform in a highly collaborative and iterative manner across squads.
Cere Network is a cutting-edge decentralized data protocol that aims to revolutionize the future of web3. It facilitates trustless content sharing and cloud data interactions among various entities, including applications, users, AI/ML, and (NFT) assets. The platform has received support from some of the biggest names in the industry, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon, to name a few.
At its core, Cere Network aims to create a seamless and secure data-sharing environment for users and businesses, where they can share data and interact with various applications without worrying about security and privacy concerns. The platform leverages the power of blockchain technology to ensure that all data is stored securely and is accessible only to authorized parties.
- We seek teammates who will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to methodical, simulation-driven, fast development iterations and a first-principle thinking mindset.
- We crave teammates with high standards and strong discipline, embracing a growth mindset to continuously learn and incrementally improve habits and processes.
- We require contributors to have excellent communication skills (esp. written), for everything must be well organized and tracked in Notion, Slack, Wiki’s, etc. We want autonomous, goal-oriented individuals who embrace transparency and accountability. No one wants to micro-manage others.
- We need good teammates who are generally cool people who want to be part of a great team & decentralized community where everyone truly helps and challenges each other to learn/grow by innovating together towards greater shared goals. Embracing the building of such a collaborative community is the only way we can sustain rapid innovation (and the only way to live/work, really).
- 5+ years of experience (preferred 10+) working as a software engineer on storage and distributed systems.
- Extensive programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Rust, Typescript, Java or Kotlin.
- In-depth understanding of decentralized systems, blockchain, and web3, as well as system design, data structures, and algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in database engine internals (storage), including indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, and buffer management.
- Proficiency in database engine internals (query processing), such as query compilation, optimization, execution, and parallel execution.
- Experience with decentralized storage systems like IPFS.
- Experience developing SDKs and contributing to open-source projects.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, including consensus-based quorum replication and NoSQL system implementation.
Join our exceptional multicultural team that operates globally, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Berlin, and various locations in Asia. At our organization, we embrace our ethos to enable remote working for our team members, but we also recognize the importance of in-person interaction. Therefore, many of our teams travel to meet up every 1-2 months.
We offer our team members a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, which allows for a balanced and enjoyable life and work experience. However, transparency, accountability, and ownership are essential prerequisites for working with us.
If you are interested in joining a talented and diverse team that values innovation, creativity, and collaboration, we encourage you to apply to our organization today.