Crypto Jobs: Head of Emerging Markets, Compliance
At Coinbase, our ultimate goal is to expand financial freedom worldwide, and we understand that achieving this objective requires recruiting exceptional individuals. Our team comprises dedicated, diligent individuals, who are deeply committed to shaping the future of finance and Web3 for our global user base, whether they engage in trading, storing, staking, or using cryptocurrency. We are individuals who consistently take the lead on any project.
When considering potential candidates for any role or team at Coinbase, we prioritize specific qualities. Firstly, we seek individuals who will excel in a culture like ours, where we embrace trust, feedback, and innovation. Secondly, we expect our employees to be driven by our mission-focused approach to work. Lastly, we look for people who are passionate about learning and living the crypto lifestyle because they are the ones who thrive in our high-intensity sprint and recharge work culture. As a remote-first company, we aspire to recruit the best talent worldwide.
Are you ready to embrace #LiveCrypto? If so, here’s who we’re looking for:
- We want someone who exudes positivity and possesses an optimistic outlook on the future. Someone who is determined to reach their goals and won’t let any obstacles get in their way.
- We want someone passionate about learning and who wants to become an expert in cutting-edge technologies like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0. Someone who isn’t content with standing still and is always looking to expand their knowledge.
- We value direct communication and are looking for someone who is an active communicator and an eager listener. We believe that open and honest feedback is the best way to grow and improve, so we’re looking for someone who shares this belief.
- Crypto is a rapidly evolving field; we need someone who can adapt quickly to changing circumstances. What you worked on yesterday might not be what you’re working on today, and that’s okay. We’re looking for someone who thrives on this kind of challenge.
- We want someone who has a “can do” attitude and is willing to take ownership of their work. Our teams work on tight deadlines, so we need someone comfortable taking on a problem and seeing it through to completion.
- Finally, we want someone excited to be part of a winning team. We believe that we’re stronger together and that everyone has something valuable to contribute. We’re looking for someone willing to step out of their comfort zone and push themselves to be the best they can be.
Team/ Role Paragraph:
We are in search of an accomplished compliance leader to spearhead Coinbase Compliance’s support for market expansion endeavors. This position entails leading a team that provides business and product leaders with strategic guidance, develops plans for new market expansion, and evaluates new product launches across compliance domains. The Chief Compliance Officer is the direct supervisor for this role. If you have the necessary expertise, we encourage you to apply.
- Lead compliance scoping for new market expansion initiatives and oversee team of Compliance professionals doing the same
- Provide strategic guidance to product and business leadership regarding compliance requirements and market suitability
- Support tactical scoping for new market compliance requirements, and partner with other Compliance teams to operationalize
- Manage local CCOs / MLROs in Coinbase expansion markets
- Serve in CCO and / or MLRO positions as permitted by regulation and where required and / or appropriate
- Represent Coinbase and Coinbase Compliance function internally and externally, including to regulators and bank partners
- Partner with Compliance leadership and Global CCO to set vision and strategy for Emerging Markets Compliance
- Establish robust and mature processes for Emerging Markets Compliance work
- 10+ years experience in compliance at financial services, with a particular focus on cryptocurrency and fintech
- Proven ability to advise product and business teams on compliance initiatives, as well as offer pragmatic and business-forward solutions
- Experienced people manager
- Ability to work across time zones and familiarity with compliance landscape outside of U.S. and UK / EU
- Team player, willing to tackle tasks large or small
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Basic understanding of the regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Ability to pass “fitness and probity” checks for CCO and/or MLRO position in the country of residence
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience securing international regulatory licenses for cryptocurrency or fintech firms Job #: P20030
If you are interested in the job and meet the requirement kindly apply here.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
See More Jobs:
- Best Entry Level Cryptocurrency Jobs in 2023
- Web3 Jobs: Project Manager Needed
- Web3 Job Vacancy: Business Development Lead
- Blockchain Jobs: Senior Frontend Engineer