Tech Jobs: Web Designer
Job Type: Remote.
Status: Full Time.
Location: United Kingdom.
Nothing.Tech is based in London and is on a mission to eliminate the barriers between people and technology. We believe in crafting products that are intuitive, connected seamlessly, and enhance our lives without being a hindrance. In a world where tech products look similar, we aspire to create unique and iconic products that we are proud to share with our loved ones. To achieve this, we think outside the box and do things differently. This is the driving force behind everything we do.
In just two years, we have grown from a simple idea to a global team of over 420 individuals with offices in four regions. We have sold more than 1.4 million products, a testament to our dedication and commitment to creating exceptional products that stand out from the rest.
In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” – Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” – GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” – Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” – Input.
In the previous summer, we launched Phone (1), our first-ever smartphone and the core of our highly ambitious consumer technology ecosystem. During the launch week, we gained a trending position on UK Twitter, with millions of YouTube views, and secured coverage in numerous leading publications. The year 2022 ended with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). As we move into 2023, we are excited to introduce the latest addition to our audio range, Ear (2), which is crafted with innovation, passion, and artistic finesse. These mighty little things are sure to impress.
What we are looking for:
We’re excited to continue building our digital capability and as a Web Designer at Nothing you will be responsible for leading, inventing, and designing compelling and seamless customer experiences across desktop and mobile platforms. Working closely with the development team to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas across nothing.tech.
You will be responsible for leading the transformation and continued development for nothing.tech, playing an integral part in web design projects by creating intuitive interfaces that enhance our prospective + existing users’ digital experiences. You will help drive the performance of our web and advertising user journeys while supporting the evolution of our web experience guides and design principles.
You’ll be tasked with building a seamless online experience, enabling core UX and UI fundamentals across our site, and using an experience-design methodology to help showcase our story and drive consumers down the funnel to help deliver direct-to-consumer revenue.
This role sits within a newly formed team responsible for e-commerce and will be based in our London HQ office. You will have the opportunity to set the foundations for how we should approach user experience for nothing tech, bringing a fresh approach and new way of thinking for how we can reach business goals and objectives through creating a beautiful and engaging website, webpages, and web components that also meet the end-user needs.
- Generate design system components, patterns, and UI elements to support ongoing and new projects.
- Create interactive prototypes, flows, and specifications for UI elements.
- Create usage documentation, style guides, and own best practices and processes surrounding the design experience system.
- Work with front-end developers to ensure designs are robust, flexible, and correctly implemented.
- Working as part of a cross-functional team, leading data-led design solutions for product epics, new features, and product improvements.
- Roll-out of iterative design, digital journey flow design, wireframes, and visual design execution. Ensuring UX designs are appropriately user tested & refined during the design lifecycle.
- Assist with UI design with vision wireframes, valued input, and feedback into the design system so it can be fully established and can evolve.
- Champion user experience whilst working as part of a multi-disciplinary and global development team.
- Own outcomes, ensuring that the user experience design prioritizes those items that are most impactful to the user, product, and business goals, and adapting or evolving designs in the market when needed.
- Review and validate UX decisions at every step of the development process.
- Be a key stakeholder when working with 3rd party partners and service providers (eg. Design agencies, Joint development partners).
- Producing high-quality responsive UX Designs experiences for customer-facing mobile and web experiences.
- Create Inspirational digital experiences for Nothing’s core digital platforms, website and email
- Drive the entire end-to-end creative process through ideation, concepts, Prototyping, Final Design Visuals, and Design /Graphical Toolkits.
- Develop ‘always on’ digital guidelines, templates, and best practices and ensure these are adhered to.
- Become a UX/UI Design leader across the organization, championing best practices and ensuring Nothing is always ahead of the curve.
- Collaborating with in-house teams (Development and Design) on design best-practice, usability, and functionality.
- Overseeing the design identity and guidelines across digital channels.
- Using data and insights to guide user experience decisions.
- Ensuring accessibility standards are adhered to.
- A minimum of 5 years of digital user experience design.
- A strategic design-thinking attitude with a strong understanding of user-centric methodologies and design processes.
- Proficiency in digital design tools and familiarity with agile management tools (eg. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, JIRA, and Confluence).
- Experienced in designing functionally rich complex web-based applications, platforms, and digital products.
- Competent in UX Design: Good understanding of processes and when to use including Iterative design (with wireframes or prototypes), journey mapping, design thinking, scenario-based thinking, and a persona-driven mindset.
- An amazing, digitally focussed portfolio, showcasing exceptional design work from start to finish.
- A great eye and in-depth understanding of the User Experience Design (UED) process.
- Excellent command of typography, layout, and composition skills.
- Ability to rationalize your thought processes and clearly articulate your creative ideas
- Has experience of working as part of agile teams – with Digital, creative, designers, remote developers, and copywriters.
- Web Design skills – UI design, mobile layouts, web patterns, validation.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern website design and development techniques as it relates to web development and customer journey optimization.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.
See More Jobs: