Enter the metaverse was a web3 event organized by Tech Circus and held in London to introduce and discuss heavily about the metaverse and its potential to push the new wave of the internet called Web3 forward.
The venue for “Enter the Metaverse London” was 155 Bishopsgate in London, offering a spacious and contemporary space for up to 600 delegates and 50 exhibition stands.
Enter the Metaverse – Schedule
The event spanned two days, with a packed schedule of presentations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. Each day had specific themes and sessions, allowing attendees to delve deeper into the subject matter.
The “Enter the Metaverse” event was held on November 28-29, 2022, in London. Most of the discussions that were held at the event aimed to introduce participants to a new world of digital possibilities, focusing on emerging technologies and their endless potential.
Enter the Metaverse – Presenters
The event featured esteemed dignitaries and renowned titles including Prof Shafi Ahmed (Chief Medical Metaverse Officer) from AIMEDIS, Sebastien Borget (Co-Founder) of THE SANDBOX, Sarah Burslem (Director Of Business Development) from NIANTIC.
Other speakers at the event included Ben Goertzel (CEO) of SINGULARITY.NET, Robby Yung (CEO) of ANIMOCA BRANDS, Vince Howard (Marketing Director) of OPIS GROUP, Aleissia Laidacker (Metaverse Strategic Advisor) from MONA amongst a host of others.
Networking and Exhibitions
Attendees had ample opportunities for executive-level networking, connecting with industry leaders, brands, and other professionals interested in the Metaverse and emerging technologies. The event also featured exhibitions and stands from various companies showcasing their latest tools and products related to the Metaverse and blockchain gaming.
It also included sessions on topics such as Web 3.0, the Metaverse, and the future of gaming, exploring how blockchain technology empowers players and developers in the gaming economy. Presenters also discussed the role of decentralized finance (DeFi) in the Metaverse and how it enables secure and frictionless movement of money across various platforms.
The event spanned for a whole two days, with a packed schedule of presentations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities for the attendees.
Each day had specific themes and sessions, allowing attendees to delve deeper into the subject matter which was discussed. Some of the topics covered include:
- Web 3.0 and the Future of Gaming
- Transforming Business Models for the Gaming Economy through Blockchain
- The Role of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) in the Metaverse
- Evolving Gamer Identity in Web 3.0
- Risk, Regulation, and Legalities of the Metaverse
- Empowering Brands for the Future of Gaming and Metaverse
- Oracles for Blockchain Gaming and the Metaverse
- Game Governance and Community Empowerment in Web 3.0
- The Intersection of Games and the Metaverse
- The first presentation discussed the “Metaverse Moment” and how it aims to link physical and virtual experiences using innovative technologies.
- A panel discussion explored the relationship between Web 3.0 technologies (Blockchain, VR, AR, AI, IoT) and the Metaverse.
- Building community in VR through the principles of Burning Man was presented, emphasizing human connection in the Metaverse.
- Another panel discussed barriers to adopting the true Metaverse, including standardizing rules, computing power needs, and equity.
- The importance of incorporating AI in the Metaverse was showcased, with Sophia the AI demonstrating smart avatars and AI-generated singing and poetry.
- A presentation on how Blockchain serves as the foundation of the Metaverse was given.
- The future of live sport and entertainment events in the Metaverse was explored in a session by Virtually Live.
- Afternoon lunch included networking and live music performances from Sophia the AI, Ben Goertzel, and the Jam Galaxy band.
- Talks covered topics like AR and the geospatial Metaverse, the future of work in the Metaverse, and the transformative impact of the Metaverse on education.
Overall, Enter the Metaverse London was a big step in showcasing the transformative potential of the Metaverse in various fields and industries.
Some reviews gotten after the event declared that it was a good event unlike other web3 and crypto events and that it also provided a better space to network with like minded individuals.
Enter the Metaverse London 2023
Will there be another Enter the Metaverse London this year 2023?
Yes, there will be.
As at July 2023, Tech Circus has already started making preparations for the follow up event to be held later in 2023. The proposed date for the Enter the Metaverse London event in 2023 is 2nd Nov – 3rd Nov 2023 by 6pm.
To register and signify interest, simply follow this link to a form on their site where you will be required to input your details
Click here: Enter the Metaverse London 2023 Form
It is also expected to be held at the same venue as the previous event – 155 Bishopsgate in London and will also feature more presentations and panels from more industry experts and leaders.
As at the time of writing, there have been no information or indications that the previous speakers at the Enter the Metaverse event in 2022 will still speak on major panels in the upcoming event this year.
But, we are sure that the topics to be addressed in the event will feature the latest developing advancements and technologies that have been making the rounds in the metaverse, such as the introduction of AI.
Also, just like the previous event addressed the challenges faced in the metaverse, there are also expectations that the topics to be covered during the timeframe of this two-day event will once again challenge these developments.
Some of them include the scalability of the metaverse infrastructure, interoperability between different virtual and gaming worlds, user identity and data privacy concerns, equitable access to the metaverse for all users, and the integration of artificial intelligence and blockchain technology to enhance user experiences and interactions within the virtual environment.
There are also some concerns about giving a virtual access to those who may not be able to travel to the physical event. We expect that the event to be held later this year will give special virtual access to those that may not be able to travel to London.
Any other plans to the success of Enter the Metaverse London 2023 will be handled by the organizers accordingly.
To make sure you don’t miss any of the updates that will be given by the organizers at Tech Circus, make sure to keep up to date with updates from Tech Circus as well as the Dipprofit newsletter and social media channels.