How Do Web3 Social Media Platforms Work?
Web3 Social Media Platforms have suddenly become the new way of interacting with an audience. The features and benefits offered by each service are particularly different compared to traditional platforms.
For example, some Web3 platforms allow users to own their data and earn money from their content while others are totally focused on privacy.
But they all have one thing in common and that is, they are all based on making a decentralized internet on networks of nodes, called a blockchain.
Most of the platforms listed in this article are still in their early stages of development, but they still have the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with each other online.
Want to learn more about them, Keep reading.
In the current era, as content platforms are shifting towards the decentralized Web3 paradigm, Paragraph stands apart as a platform specifically crafted for contemporary content creators.
It easily combines the power of decentralization with your Web3 social media presence. True ownership, enhanced engagement, and a secure ecosystem are woven into the fabric of your content, creating a more authentic connection with your audience.
It also turns your posts into collectibles that readers can collect to become stakeholders in your content.
- Embedded GPT-4 AI for brainstorming, outlining, and creating posts.
- Ability to mint posts as collectibles.
- Sell NFT-backed memberships for premium content and community engagement.
- Create newsletters that can only be accessed using NFTs or ERC20 tokens.
- Suitable for bloggers, DAOs, NFT communities, journalists, and more.
How to Sign Up:
- Step 1: Visit the website by going to Paragraph
- Step 2: Click on Get Started and register using your email, or connect your crypto wallet.
- Step 3: Fill in the information about your publication,
- Step 4: Customize your newsletter and start writing.
There you go! You’ve successfully created your account on Paragraph.
Mirror is another unique and decentralized approach to content creation. With features that use blockchain technology, it takes a whole new approach to content publishing on third-party applications.
- Permanent, secure content storage on the blockchain
- Seamless interaction with Ethereum wallets
- Personalized account and project management
- Streamlined content creation
- Subscriber insights
How To Sign Up
- Start by heading to mirror.xyz and connect your Ethereum wallet.
- Configure your account settings, including display name, profile photo, and accent color. You can also link your ENS account for enhanced visibility.
- Once your account is set up, you’ll be redirected to your dashboard. This is your central hub for managing projects and settings.
- You are now ready to create and publish content on Mirror. Have fun!
Lenstube is a decentralized video-sharing web3 social media similar to YouTube. It is an open-source platform based on the Lens Protocol and content creation is similar to TikTok or Youtube shorts.
- Content is shared on the Lens Protocol, a censorship-resistant blockchain.
- Familiar layout and interface make it easy to use.
- The explore page recommends similar content.
- Includes short-form videos.
- Creators can earn tips in MATIC coins.
- Users can curate videos as NFTs.
How To Sign Up
- Visit the website.
- Explore the platform.
- Connect your MATIC-compatible wallet. eg. Rainbow, Ledger Live, Coinbase Wallet, WalletConnect.
- Start sharing (creators) or exploring and interacting (consumers).
Enjoy decentralized video sharing!
Orb is a web3 social media platform that makes use of the Lens Protocol to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, and professionals together in a simple decentralized space. It is an app that’s similar to LinkedIn in that it allows users to connect with others in their field, build relationships, and find opportunities.
- An on-chain credibility system to build trust
- A decentralized framework for networking
- Quizzes with NFT rewards
How To Sign Up:
- Visit the Orb app
- Create an account
- Connect your web3 wallet
- Explore the platform
- Build your web3 network
Revel is a collectibles platform for web3 and NFT lovers. With Revel, anyone can create, trade, and earn with personal trading cards. Apart from the trading opportunities this platform provides, it also provides spaces where traders can connect in groups called “Tribes”.
- Users create digital collectibles using videos, photos, or AI text-to-art.
- Collect sets of 3 cards to increase levels, earn bonus cards, and trade for rewards.
- Cards have Unique, Rare, and Common rarities.
- Collecting 3 cards unlocks bonus cards and the ability to create new packs.
- In-app currency $Revs has an Estimated Value based on offers and sale prices.
- Joker Tokens are earned for set completion, tribe joining, and bonus cards.
- Cash-out Revs to USD when the balance reaches the minimum.
How To Sign Up
- Download the App from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Once the app is downloaded, create an account to begin using the platform.
- Start by uploading videos and photos to create your own collectible cards.
- Collect and Trade cards to earn rewards within the app’s community.
Bluesky Social is a social media platform that plans to provide users with a decentralized and user-centric experience.
Jack Dorsey, the Twitter founder is funding its development and has launched on Apple Services in February and is about to come to Android devices later.
It is quite similar to Twitter, you can like, repost, and quote a post just like Twitter, and a notification tab to view mentions, replies, and new followers. The profile view as well is also similar to Twitter, as you can see the interface, follower count, and bio.
- All messages and posts on BlueSky Social are encrypted, so only the sender and receiver can see them.
- BlueSky Social is ad-free, so you can use the platform without being bombarded with ads.
- You can choose who can see your posts and messages, and you can even make your account private so that only people you approve can follow you.
- BlueSky Social is designed to be a place where people can connect with others who share their interests. There are groups for everything so you can find a community that’s perfect for you.
How To Sign Up:
To sign up on BlueSky social, you will need an invite from an already existing user. Since it is still in its development phase, users can only access a few of the features until it becomes fully available on App Stores.